Re: const qualifier on function return types.

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Brian Gough wrote:
[snip]
> If you have a moment would you mind trying out the program below with
> the IRIX compiler.  It's my proposal for a scheme that avoids the
> const problem.  It works with GCC but I'd like to hear if it works for
> you on IRIX before I go and modify all the view-related functions and
> references to them.  Thanks.
[snip]

Here are the results:

(Copied your test case to a file named gsl_test.c.)

~/tmp> make gsl_test
        cc -O -s -n32 -mips3 -Wl,-woff,85 -fullwarn -o gsl_test gsl_test.c
~/tmp> ./gsl_test
v1 = 123.4 .. 9.123
v2 = 567.8 .. 9.123
v2 = 567.8 .. 9.123
v2 = 568.8 .. 10.123
v2 = 568.8 .. 10.123

Let me know if you need additional info.

-- Lowell