gsl interface to LAPACK?

Hi,
	I am beginning to use GSL, and I am both a newbie in both GSL
and C. So I apologise if I ask something really stupid.

	I was playing with GSL to convert some code I have in Fortran
95. Mostly, I got it to work. The problem is that I need to solve a
generalised eiganvalue/vector problem (complex, non-Hermitian).
According to the manuals, you need to use LAPACK for this. I understand
that (I have used LAPACK in F77), but I now have all my matrices and
vectors as gsl_complex_matrix. If I want to use LAPACK, I have to get
the data into a CLAPACK friendly format, which is rather tedious and
error-prone (there might be many an instance when this might apply).
Moreover, the matrices might be Hermitian or not...

	I guess my questions is whether someone has written a driver for
LAPACK, for which you pass a matrix and the software decides how to call
the appropriate LAPACK routine.

	Thank you for your time,
	José
--
José L Gómez Dans			PhD student
Tel: +44 114 222 5582			Radar & Communications Group