Re: GSL 0.9 Fails in test with VC++ 6.0

Jose Miguel Buenaposada Biencinto writes:
 >  When we build it in debug configuration there is no errors at all
 > in the test cases, but when we build the release versions of the
 > libraries and the test programs we get 28 failures (See below). It
 > seems to be related with the optimisation flags ("maximizate speed"
 > choosen, /O2 flag) because if we build all, in the release
 > configuration, but changing the optimization to "default" then we
 > get 0 errors.
 >  This is a issue to investigate in more depth, I think ;-).

Thanks for the bug reports.

I only have MSVC++ 'Standard Edition', which does not include
optimization, so I will have to rely on you here.  The 'Professional
Edition' with optimization was too expensive for me.

Most of those errors look ok, and we can fix them by
increasing the tolerances in the tests.

 >  FAIL: gsl_isnan(nan) (0 observed vs 1 expected) [...]
 >  FAIL: gsl_finite(nan) (1 observed vs 0 expected)

This error is bad.  If you can find the cause please let me know, as I
cannot debug it myself.

Brian