Re: Discrete cosine transform ...

Jose Miguel Buenaposada Biencinto writes:
 >  I don't know yet if I'm going to need it but anyway, Is there an
 > implementation of the discrete cosine transform in gsl?

There are no cosine transforms, if anyone wants to volunteer to add
them that would be useful.

It's possible to do cosine transforms with the existing real fft
routines of course, using the trick of extending the dataset by 2x or
4x with the appropriate periodicity.

 >  Any other free library with discrete cosine transformation
 > implementation?

FFTPACK for general-N, if you use f2c. For radix-2 there are several
routines on netlib I think.

Brian