Re: GPL license violation? [GNU Scientific Library]

Hi guys,

>GSL uses the Gnu Public License (GPL). Therefore, if R-Quant includes GSL
>R-Quant should be GPL-ed too.

Well, R-Quant includes the whole source (actually the whole distribution) of
the GSL. Thus I thought we comply with the requirements. Such distribution is
quite convinient for the end users since they do not need to worry about GSL
download/install.

There are three ways to solve this "problem"

- make a special agreement with GSL/GNU team (such possibility is stated on
GPL pages)
- remove GSL distribution from R-Quant package so that all interested users
can download/install it on
  their own. C++ wrappers will still remain.
- remove GSL completely from R-Quant project.

What's your suggestion?

Cheers,
Anton