Matrix inversion.

Hi,
I am a new user of this library and I have a silly question:
For inverting a matrix shouldn't I first use "gsl_linalg_LU_decomp" function
to decompose my matrix and then use "gsl_linalg_LU_invert" passing the
results of previous function to it, to invert the matrix? If it is correct
how come the multiplication of the original matrix and it's reverse is not
I?
I'll appreciate any help,
NN.