Re: Re: N dim arrays

Thank you all for comments and package suggestions

> We don't see third and higher order tensors
> very much in numerical computing
> so there is no consensus about
> what functionality should be provided
> in a numerical class library like the GSL.

I use tensors for representing discrete probability distributions of a few
variables from which I need to compute marginal probabilities, so from my
point of view this things would be quite useful in GSL.  Another
application might be boolean/discrete functions.

There seem to be nice packages available in other languages, but none of
them seem to be as easy to use in C as say gsl_matrix.  => I might
try to extend gsl_matrix to more dimensions.

Szymon