MT19937 updated 2 September 2002

Hello.

First of all, I would like to say thanks to everyone who has worked on
this project.  I think it's wonderful that a library like GSL exists.

Now, I was wondering if there are any plans to include the updates of
the Mersenne Twister (MT) 19937 implementation, announced by Makoto
Matsumoto on the MT home page
(<URL:http://www.math.keio.ac.jp/~matumoto/emt.html>)?  The
readme-file states that "the initialization scheme for the previous
versions of MT (e.g. 1999/10/28 version or earlier) has a tiny
problem, that the most significant bits of the seed is not well
reflected to the state vector of MT."

I'm not sure how much impact this has on the applications using GSL,
but I thought it would be OK to keep up with the updates of algorithms
used in the GSL.

Yours,

Martin Thorsen Ranang