Re: configure.in patch for gsl-1.1.1

On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 14:12, Teun Burgers wrote:

> AM_PROG_LIBTOOL is obsolete
> in newer versions of autoconf/automake.

Yes. I recently had a problem in a port to Solaris, which
had newer versions of some of the tools. I never did figure
out what the problem was, but after several tries it
worked, so there was some sort of hysteresis in the
build. The only visible symptom was complaints about
AM_PROG_LIBTOOL. Go figure.

Maybe somebody else has seen this. We might need to check
the GSL build very carefully; I have lost confidence
in it for systems other than GNU/linux on i386. For
other systems I'm reduced to crossing my fingers
and hitting return.

Thanks for bringing this up. Brian, what's your
current thinking on the build?

--
G. Jungman