building gsl rpm using Intel's icc

Hi list,

I am trying to compile the gsl source rpm using the intel compiler icc
(6.0). I am not sure if the way I do this is entirely correct. Since I
don't think that everything really works, I guess I must make a mistake
somewhere though. What I do is the following. I setenv CC and CFLAGS to

setenv CC icc
setenv CFLAGS -O3 -unroll -xM

and then run

rpm --rebuild gsl-1.1.1-1.src.rpm

that seems to work fine until rpm tries to build the new rpm itself. I
then get this message:

RPM build errors:
    File not found by glob: /var/tmp/gsl-1.1.1-root/usr/lib/*so.*
    File not found by glob: /var/tmp/gsl-1.1.1-root/usr/lib/*.so

For some reason the .so libraries are not built. When I edit the specs
file gsl.spec and remove the two lines that mention *so* files, a

rpm -bb gsl.spec

works and a binary rpm is made. I am wondering now, if that rpm is going
to work, I haven't had the courage yet to install it. Do I need these .so
libraries?

I also noticed that a

make check

fails, but that might be due to the isinf/isnan/IEEE complience mentioned
in another thread on this list sometime earlier, i.e. I guess one could
fix that. Interestingly enough, when I use the gcc compiler (2.96-110),
make check also fails, but at a different test.

In case you require more detailed output, please let me know.

	Thanks already for any comments,

		nick