Re: Parallel computing abilitites in GSL?

> paralleling of gsl-using applications?

If most of the work is large matrix operations, there are some
parallel BLAS libraries that can harness multiple processors for doing
the low-level matrix ops.

Intel sells a BLAS that uses multiple processors on Linux and Windows:

  http://www.intel.com/software/products/mkl/mkl52/features.htm

I haven't tried it, but they offer a free trial. I would guess that
parallelism only helps with matrices larger than about 30x30.

SGI also provides parallel BLAS libraries for some of their hardware.

Automatically parallelizing entire applications is an unsolved
research problem. You have to do it manually.

--
Trevor Blackwell         tlb@tlb.org          (650) 776-7870