Re: a few questions about discrete rng

James:

Thanks for your reply.  I don't know if I'm adding to this discussion either :o)
But, many other parts of GSL including gsl_vector use size_t.  So, I can see
where you got it from.  However, it's wide spread misuse is not good IMHO.
I suppose many C programmers can "see through" typedefs and not be as easily
distracted as a bumbling statistician.  Something more user-friendly would be
nice though.  Also, after having learned a complex API like gsl_vector, I think
it best to propagate that knowledge throughout.  Lastly, gsl_vector would have a
certain flexibility that pointers would not.  For example, gsl_ran_discrete_t
would not have to also store K.  Maybe not the best example, but I think you can
see what I mean.

Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
rsparapa@mcw.edu              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
Was 'Name That Tune' rigged?  WWLD -- What Would Lombardi Do