Re: Determinant of a matrix

You can decompose a symmetric matrix L D L^T which is not singular, where the value
of diagonal elements of L is one. The determinamt of a matrix can be calculated by the
multiplication of all elements of D. If a matrix is singular, the determinant is zero as you know.
I think this method is correct and can be generalized unsymmetric matirx.
But I'm not sure that this is the most efficient.

Please *check* the algebra text. I have no reference at near hand now.

Best Regards,
Dan, Ho-Jin

Przemyslaw Sliwa wrote:

Does anyone know how to compute in an easy way the determinant of a real matrix?

Thanx for hinst.

Przem

--
:wq