Re: GSL on Hitachi SR8000

Reinhold Bader writes:
 > Questions:

Hi,

Thanks for the bug report. It would be good to get GSL working on this
platform.

 > 1.  Do I need to change these constants elsewhere in the library source
 >      to guarantee correct functionality? Does the above change indicate
 >      that the number format on the SR8000 is non IEEE conformant?

Can you compare the values of FLT_MAX, FLT_MIN etc on your system with
the ones used in test.c.  Try compiling with FLT_MAX, FLT_MIN in the
source code instead of the hardcoded values.

 > 2.  The legendre failure seems minor. Any comments?

Yes, looks like a variation in rounding only.

 > 3.  The gsl_histogram stuff: not very urgent, but is there any hint
 >       where things might have gone wrong in
 >       gsl_histogram_fprintf and/or fscanf?

This error is perhaps more serious, I have never seen it fail before
-- can you step through the appropriate part of the test program under
the debugger?

Thanks,
Brian Gough

p.s. what compiler do you use?