GSL, blas and Mathematica

Hi.

I'm developing a mathematica alike program for linux (GSL) named
numexp (numexp.sf.net). At the moment, it is only a numeric processor
(not algebraic functionalities at all (almost)).

We are using GSL to implement a bunch of functions. I've read something
about blas, but I don't have certain I understood it... is it realted
to algebraic processment? If not, where can I get good documentation
on how to implement this hard stuff?

Thanks
Alberto
--
Departamento de Informatica - Universidade do Minho

"The C Programming Language -- A language which combines the
flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language."