Re: strange warning in gsl_matrix_float_set

Ivo Alxneit writes:
 > well according to the mainual -Wconversion deals with warnings due to
 > signed/unsigned variables. i get a waring due to float/double even
 > though the prototype in gsl_matrix_float.h is

`-Wconversion'
     Warn if a prototype causes a type conversion that is different
     from what would happen to the same argument in the absence of a
     prototype.

In the absence of a prototype float is promoted to double, as in the
old K&R C, hence the warning.  The float/double warning always occurs
with -Wconversion, so I only use that option for occassional checks.