IRIX 6.5 and MIPSPro C++

Hi everybody!
I'm trying to compile gsl1.2 with MIPSPro C++ on an O2 workstation running
Irix 6.5.
The 0.6 version that is found on the IRIX distribution CD are too old for me
(this version doesn't support interpolation and that is exactly what I'm
wanting...)
The configure script seems to run well except for something with <math.h>
that doesn't seem to be fatal (it's only written in the log but the scripts
ends normally).
But when I try to ./make, it doesn't compile. More specifically, all the
files in /utils have old C-style function declaration that MIPSPro doesn't
seem to understand. And there are some other erros in ./vector.
Did I miss something in my configuration?
Is it possible to compile this version of SGL on my IRIX with MIPSPro?
And if I can't compile it, is there a way to install an higher version than
SGL 0.6 on my IRIX?
Thanks in advance

Gabriel