Re: IRIX 6.5 and MIPSPro C++

You should be able to compile it with no problems on your IRIX box.
The INSTALL or MACHINES gives the description but if I remember it
you type at the prompt

%> env CC=cc CFLAGS=-OPT:IEEE_NaN_inf=ON ./configure --prefix=/usr/local

if you want to install it in /usr/local

you can also add optimization

%> env CC=cc CFLAGS="-O2 -mips4 -DGSL_RANGE_CHECK_OFF \
-OPT:IEEE_NaN_inf=ON -woff 728" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local

The optimization break some of the checks though so be aware of that
when you run the tests.

this should work though.