RE: Compilation errors with VC++ 6.0

Pere Mato Vila writes:
 >   This updated version works well. Thanks very much.
 >   I have a suggestion concerning the Windows installation. Would it be
 > possible to leave the DLL libraries (perhaps optionally) in the /lib of
 > the installation area. Copying them to the standard Windows location
 > (%WINDIR%/System32) is a problem when you have to work with several
 > versions since they have the same name. I know that it avoids to have to
 > set the right PATH but it makes very difficult to have centrally managed
 > installations.

Thanks. I will change the installer to put all the libraries in the
/lib directory, so that multiple versions can be installed on the same
machine.

I would like to ask if the naming convention of the gsl libraries is
ok -- after this change the new layout will be,

  lib\libgsl.dll    -- multi-threaded DLL
  lib\libgsl.exp
  lib\libgsl.lib

  lib\libgslML.lib  -- single-threaded static
  lib\libgslMT.lib  -- multi-threaded static (not installed by default)
  lib\libgslMLd.lib -- single-threaded static debug (not installed by default)
  lib\libgslMTd.lib -- multi-threaded static debug  (not installed by default)

I copied the convention from the standard runtime library MSVCRT.lib.
I have looked on the web and seen some other conventions used
(e.g. "s" for static), and also some people using #pragma
comment(lib,"....") to do the linking automatically.

I'm not sure what the "standard" way to do things on Windows is, but I
would like to make GSL follow the conventions that people expect.

--
Brian