my fussy compiler likes explicit casts

I'm trying to compile GSL using Parasoft's insure++ leak detector,
which is generally fussier than many other compilers. It complained
about some type conversions in three (but only three out of hundreds!)
of GSL files, and all three were quickly fixed by appropriate casting,
and I have attached patches for the changes.  The files are

cblas/source_cgemm_c.h
ntuple/ntuple.c
ode-initval/cscal.c

Someone who understands casting better than I (especially when const's
are involved) might want to look these over before applying them.
There may be better/deeper philosophical reasons not to employ
explicit casts, but they permit the compiler to work for me.

The last one (cscal.c) also required that I explicitly add
an '#include <string.h>' in order for it to understand memcpy();
again, maybe this is parasoft-specific and we should depend on
configure to keep that straight.

regards,
jt

James Theiler                     jt@lanl.gov
MS-D436, NIS-2, LANL        tel: 505/665-5682
Los Alamos, NM 87545        fax: 505/665-4414
----- Space and Remote Sensing Sciences -----