Re: Tensor Product

Maged Elhajal writes:
 > I have started using (and enjoying !) your library a couple of
 > days ago and found there was no function to perform tensor
 > products (sometimes called inner product ?) available, or maybe
 > I did not find it. I wrote mine and wondered if that would be
 > useful for you since it uses the gsl_matrix stuff...
 >
 > I do not know what shape the contributions to your project
 > should have, but you can tell me more about that if you are
 > interested.

Thanks for the suggestion.

There is a design document which explains more about the project,
available from http://sources.redhat.com/gsl

The tensor product is definitely interesting.  To be used in GSL it
would need to generalize to different real and complex types (see
matrix/oper_source.c and oper_complex_source.c).  It would be good to
have a corresponding function to take an outer product of vectors.
The other things that would be needed are test cases and some
documentation.

best regards,

Network Theory Ltd            Phone: 0117 3179309 (+44 117 3179309)
15 Royal Park                   Fax: 0117 9048108 (+44 117 9048108)
Bristol BS8 3AL                 WWW: http://www.network-theory.co.uk/
United Kingdom                Email: bjg at network-theory dot co dot uk