re: re: freedom

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Gangolf Jobb wrote:

> hey you copyleft-communist,
> don't you think it is a too simple and stupid view
[remainder of childish, ignorant and inflammatory comments omitted]

The fact is: GSL is out there, under precisely one license.  Nobody is
forcing you to use it or to contribute.  <IANAL>You can use it,
modify it, etc. as long as you don't release your modifications or the
programs that incorporate it.  You may write commercial software that
uses GSL and many other fine libraries, but you must make your sources
available in accordance with the GPL.  Nobody is trying to stop you
from making money, and if you do, nobody can come along and ask you
for royalties.</IANAL> Sounds like a much better deal to me than, say,
using Numerical Recipes code.

> oh - you don't want to hear about other people's opinion? what
> kind of discussion is this?

The kind of discussion unilaterally started by one uninformed and
unnecessarily rude and confrontational party.  The kind of fake
"discussion" that I for one am no longer interested in.

- martin