Bloodshed Dev-Cpp with GSL

Dear Adam,
  I have been looking at the same issue recently.  I found a compiled version
of GSL 1.3 at http://www63.tok2.com/home/bitwalk/download.html#gsl, which even
comes with an installer.  By changing the installation directory to the DevC++
directory in place of the default Mingw destination(also--don't put it in
Mingw folder inside the DevC++ folder), it then puts the .h and .a files in
the DevC++ include and lib directories. The only call I have tested so far was
the Bessel function call from section 1.4 of the GSL reference manual, but
that seemed to work fine.  Be sure in include the required libraries in your
DevC++ project. For DevC++ version 4.9.8.0, this can be done through the
project options under the project menu. Select the parameters tab, and click
on the add library or object button and navigate to find the libgsl.a file in
the lib subdirectory of the DevC++ directory.  Otherwise, you will get a
linker error.

I too would be interested in learning how to build the library from the source
files for DevC++ so that I can incorporate updates to GSL without relying on
others to do the work for me!   Hope this helps,

Matt

Matthew Collette
PhD Student
School of Marine Science and Technology