Re: [Bug-gsl] GSL on Windows2000 possible?

Birke,
   The GSL library is the same source on all operating systems, however it
needs to be compiled differently for different purposes. It is normally
compiled to run with the GCC compiler under the Linux environment.  If you
want to use it with Dev-Cpp(bloodshed), there are several routes.  The easiest
is to get a binary (compiled) distribution for W2K.  I discuss this, and a
source for such a distribution on part of my website:
http://www.students.ncl.ac.uk/matthew.collette/programs.htm

Alternatively, you could investigate using Cygwin(cygwin.org), which emulates
Linux for windows, and will get GSL running on a windows machine.  Using this
with Dev-Cpp is something I am not sure about. It terms of specific discussion
list for GSL on Dev-Cpp, I don't think there is one. I tend to read both this
list and the Dev-Cpp discussion list, which can be accessed at:

Best wishes,
Matthew