A templated GSL version

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has made efforts to make GSL templated. The
problem with the existing C++ wrappers is that only the standard types:
long, double, float etc. work with the routines. The reason for asking
is that we are verry interested in using gsl with our own
multiprecision, multibase library Arithmos. So far we found a couple of
matrix libraries which are able to use our multiprecision types: uBlas,
gmm++, mtl, itl. Unfortunately none of these provide the same amount of
functionality as gsl. We also tried to use a precompiler (with similar
goals as the SWIG tool) to convert the gsl sources but it still required
a lot of manual modifications when we tried to convert the routines
using blas (mainly replacing malloc's by new and delete operations
because mallocs do not work with C++ classes such as our Mpieee class).
We also fear that manual conversion is a waste of time because the
effort will be lost when a new release of GSL comes out.

Kind regards,
Walter

--
                              CANT research group