GPL

Hi all,

I am not sure this is the right place for this question, since this is wider subject than gsl only. So may be you can give me some links or email address which would be more adapted.

The GSL is under GNU Public License, and I would like to figure out if one can make a commercial software using GSL. By 'using', I mean linking (dynamic/static: does it make a difference ?) with C objects.
I read the GPL text, I also read some analysis of GPL, but I can't make it clear for me.

Thanks for your help,

Tristan