Re: [Help Request]: GSL_RANGE_CHECK_OFF ?

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 13:11, Brian Gough wrote:

>  > Now, in /usr/include/gsl there is no mention GSL_RANGE_CHECK_OFF, only
>  > of GSL_RANGE_CHECK. Looking in the tar archive, I do find a mention
>  > to GSL_RANGE_CHECK_OFF, but this recalls GSL_RANGE_CHECK.. I do not
>  > really understand.
>
> The documentation is unfortunately out of date there.  For maximum
> speed use -DHAVE_INLINE=1 -DGSL_RANGE_CHECK=0 (the default) when
> compiling your application.

 I see. I thought it was strange that "if" with HAVE_INLINE,
with respect to what the manual was saying, so I tried
-DSL_RANGE_CHECK=0 but did not add -DHAVE_INLINE.
Shouldn't the configure figure out if the compiler supports
inlining, and behave accordingly?

In any case, I will follow your suggestion.

> The warning option -Wconversion should detect that at compile-time.

Yes, like when I declare size_t i and after I declare i=-1;
but I will have still to see what happens if at runtime i=a; where
int a and a is negative.. damn laziness.

In any case thanks very much Mr. Gough, I will report back in case
further difficulties should arise.

Best Regards,

--
Raimondo Giammanco <rongten@member.fsf.org>