Re: random variate from power exponential distribution:performances

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:52:34 -0500
Linas Vepstas <linas@austin.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hmm,
>
> I guess I should have read your source code first, before posting.
> My apologies, for what you have written, optimization makes very
> little difference.   I thought you were recompiling the guts of gsl,
> rather than merely making calls to gsl routines.
>
> --linas

Hi Linas,
no apologies, you where right... I mean I should had recompiled the
entire library with optimization flags tourned on and see what
happens... now I did it. I recompiled the library with

export CFLAGS="-g -O3 -march=i686 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer"

and I ran the test again. What happens is that nothig changes: the
relative merit of JHONSON on TADIKAMALLA is not reduced.

	G.

--
Giulio Bottazzi <bottazzi@sssup.it>
Laboratory of Economics and Management