Re: new release candidate (gsl-1.5.90)

Giulio Bottazzi writes:
 > Is this a design choice? If it is so, probably it would be useful
 > to add some warning about it in the documentation.

Thanks, I will add a note to the manual.  The default in GSL is
"floating-point exceptions on" (for safety!).  In particular,
underflow is worth flagging as it usually goes unnoticed.

Something to be aware of: some versions of the Linux kernel do not
(did not?) preserve the floating point mode correctly if signals
occur--it reverts to the default (not sure if this is fixed in recent
kernels).  Interest in FP support generally seems to be lacking among
its developers.

Network Theory Ltd,
Commercial support for GSL --- http://www.network-theory.co.uk/gsl/