Re: new release candidate (gsl-1.5.90)

Giulio Bottazzi writes:
 > while the value gnux86 would probably be more useful, since the IEEE
 > FP env. control interface provided by libc, fpu_control.h, is, as far as
 > I can tell, identical to the one on x86 machines. Is there a way to
 > "force" the detection of the x86 IEEE support so that I can check if
 > everything still works?

Try editing config.h after running ./configure
and adding #define HAVE_GNUX86_IEEE_INTERFACE 1 at the appropriate point
instead of the equivalent /* #undef ... */ line.

Look at the case statement in configure.ac to see why it is not being
detected. Maybe because "opteron" does not match "*86-*-linux*" or
something.

Network Theory Ltd,
Commercial support for GSL --- http://www.network-theory.co.uk/gsl/