Re: Parameter vectors declared as const in minimized functions

Robert G. Brown writes:
 > Just as a matter of curiosity (and because I truly do believe that RTFM
 > is an excellent first step to learning) where is this documented --
 > preferrably online?  As I said, the three C tutorials I have accessible
 > pass over this entirely

I don't know of any reliable online tutorials for advanced C
programming---most of the ones I have seen have serious flaws.  There
may be some good ones but I don't know of them...

People who write something and put it on the web usually do not get it
reviewed by someone else first, so the quality is often poor.
However, a poor quality document can get a high ranking on Google if
it is one of the first around, since people tend to click on, read and
link to whatever comes up top (and most people looking for a tutorial
won't be able to detect any errors in it).

The one that you mentioned as a GNU one was only draft---after it was
reviewed by the editors at GNU Press they decided not to go ahead with
publishing it because there were too many errors and omissions.
Credit to them for that.

Basically, I would recommend using the classics such as K&R and
Harbison&Steele---otherwise it can waste a lot of time.