question on GSL development

I read in the GSL website that the development of the library is
considered complete, fundamentally. I'm thinking in the development of
functions related to neural networks (backpropagation) and genetic
algorithms routines (genetic operators as mutation, crossover, and so
on). Related to these fields there are also statistical functionality
as PCA (Parallel Components Analysis), necessary for example for
neural networks, but with an interest also as standalone functions.

My question is: are these topics beyond the scope of the library at
the actual level of maturity? What is the policy of GSL regarding the
extension of the library on new fields?

Thanks.

Paco