Re: gsl_quaternion proposition

Hi,

picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr wrote:
On Thu, 11 May 2006 22:00:10 -0400 (EDT)
"Robert G. Brown" <rgb@phy.duke.edu> wrote:

On Thu, 11 May 2006, Linas Vepstas wrote:

I demand that Robert G. Brown are belonging when Thu, May 11, 2006 at 01:30:43PM -0400:

doing Geometric Algebra, by the way.

I thought geometric algrebra was just for 3D space and mosly aimed at college students; are you implying that there's a geometric algebra vocabulary for general Clifford algebras and/or supersymmetry? Does it get used much in the broader context?

Geometric algebra is the modern name for a (geometric interpretation of a) Clifford algebra. Perhaps it also fixes up a few things Clifford

Hello

look at http://www.perwass.de/cbup/programs.html
he wrote a clifford algebra library and it seems to be GPL. So no need
to add it to gsl The work have already be done.

I am not agree: it far better to deal with only one library than a full collection of them written differently.

my 2 cents,
Jerome

Nevertheless as gsl_complex exist don't you think we can add a gsl_quaternion to have possibilities to do "basic" calculation with this mathematical object ? Peoples like me are just using it for it's isomorphisme with O(3), and I do not think that I am the only one ;).

Frederic

-- Jerome BENOIT jgmbenoit_at_mailsnare_dot_net