test release gsl-1.8.90.tar.gz

I have made a test release for gsl-1.9.

I have only tested it on GNU/Linux -- please report any problems you
find in compiling it, running make check or against existing
applications (it should be backwards compatible).

It is available at the following location:

http://www.network-theory.co.uk/download/gsl/gsl-1.8.90.tar.gz
http://www.network-theory.co.uk/download/gsl/gsl-1.8.90.tar.gz.sig

The main new features from the ChangeLog are:

** Added support for nonsymmetric eigensystems (Patrick Alken)

** Added Mathieu functions (Lowell Johnson)

** Added a new BFGS2 minimisation method, requires substantially fewer
function and gradient evaluations that the existing BFGS minimiser.

** Added new functions for basis splines (Patrick Alken)