Re: Failure building GSL-1.9 on FPU-less powerpc

Hello Brian,

Brian Gough wrote:
At Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:57:37 +0400,
Sergei Poselenov wrote:
Investigation shows that the problem is that the "configure"
script chose the "gnuppc" IEEE arithmetic interface type by default,
which assume the FPU is present on the target and included
fp-gnuppc.c into the build.

Then the compilation failed because fp-gnuppc.c tries to operate
the FPU hardware constants from fpu_control.h for FPU-aware
powerpcs; these constants are absent on my system.

How can I build GSL?

You can comment out the HAVE_GNUPPC_IEEE_INTERFACE line in config.h to disable that part.

Yes, thank you for the hint, I've finally came to something similar - set "ac_cv_c_ieee_interface" to "no" prior to running "configure". This selected "#include fp-gnuc99.c" in fp.c with HAVE_DECL_FEENABLEEXCEPT defined on my system.

Don't you think the system-wide fpu-control.h for fpu-less
systems should have _FPU_RC_NEAREST and others defined for
compatibility? They already have there:

#define _FPU_GETCW(cw) 0
#define _FPU_SETCW(cw) do { } while (0)

Regards, Sergei