Re: simplicity vs. efficiency of algorithms in GSL

Hello,

On 10/08/2008 12:13 AM, Gerard Jungman wrote:

[about cvode/Sundials]
But it looks like they have made a lot of progress. And it's
an explicit BSD license now.

I am no expert on licenses, can somebody please tell briefly what their license allows us to do with the source code?

I would enjoy hearing what anybody has to say about CVODE/Sundials.

Well, Alan Hindmarsh is a definitive author on multistep methods and the package looks quite promising. I will definitely look up those numerical methods.

I have no personal love of computational linear algebra. But
organizing some linear algebra interfaces seems to be the number one
problem holding up our progress.

I, too, would very much like to see a good interface for linear algebra! I will gladly make the necessary changes to ode-initval if such an interface will become available and if I can spare the time for it. Until then, I think I will continue the ODE-solver work with what is currently available in GSL. Hopefully linear algebra will get the much-needed interfaces!

--
Tuomo.Keskitalo@iki.fi
http://iki.fi/tuomo.keskitalo