Re: New rngs...

At Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:12:09 -0700,
Jonathan Leto wrote:
> I would very much like to see these RNGs added to GSL, so that I can
> add them to Math::GSL and access them from Perl. I am willing to work
> on integrating these into GSL, as long as the GSL maintainers want
> this to be done. Should I continue in this direction?

Yes, it would be useful to have a cryptographically based rng, so
please go ahead both of you.  I don't think we want to provide
anything more than the actual random numbers though, so just a minimal
implementation would be best.  I would say we only need one, to be
representative of this class of generator - AES would be ideal.