Re: special forms (save-excursion)

Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <tosi@ees2.oulu.fi> writes:

> How are you going to handle special forms in guile-emacs?
> They can't be wrapped as easily as normal functions.
> Will their C source be rewritten for Guile?

That is a hard task.  Probably the best way is to write equivalent
macros in Scheme, as you did.  For the moment, one easy way to do
this kind of tasks is to use the emacs-eval procedure:

  (emacs-eval '(save-excursion
                 (goto-char (point-min))
                 (insert "hah")))

Actually this might be better for efficiency, though not a good
approach.  I don't have a good idea about this yet.  I'll try to
think later.