Re: patch: M-x emacs-version

Kalle Olavi Niemitalo <tosi@ees2.oulu.fi> writes:

> > and provide a Lisp function `use-scheme-module' or something.
>
> This could be made part of `require': if the required feature is
> a list, it would be interpreted as a Scheme module name.  Perhaps
> that is a bad idea; it would overload the meaning of a primitive.

I guess we will use a whole new package management system in the future,
so we don't need to care about this too much for the moment.

> > I'm not sure whether we should include this subdirectory in a
> > archive instead of a patch.
>
> Sorry, I don't quite understand.  Do you mean the src
> subdirectory and guile-emacs-*.tar.gz archives?  If so, I think
> it is not useful there.

Yes, that's what I meant.

> I hope it will be easier to use guile-emacs with non-20.6
> versions of Emacs if the tar.gz contains either the patch or a
> way to generate it.  Files in the src directory don't help with
> this: to generate the patch from them, one also needs the
> emacs-20.6 source which may not be available when emacs-20.9 is
> current.

That's right.  I'll provide the patch with tarball, while maintain
the src directory in the CVS repository.  We could add more patches
by creating subdirectories for other Emacsen.