Re: New internal implementation

Satoru Takabayashi <satoru-t@is.aist-nara.ac.jp> writes:

> How about preparing `autogen.sh' in the CVS to automate
> these forgetful procedures?

Good idea.  I'll make it.

> | 7. Install the "emacs" subdirectory to somewhere:
> |
> |   # cd ..
> |   # mkdir /usr/local/share/emacs/scheme
> |   # cp -r emacs /usr/local/share/emacs/scheme
>
> Can it be done with `make install' as I proposed before?

You can do "ln -s . /usr/local/share/emacs/scheme" instead if you want.

> Probably, it is good to distribute Guile Emacs as an
> all-in-one package instead of patch files to emacs-20.6.
> People may have difficulty in installation and give up.

Right, though I guess most users of Guile Emacs are good developers :)
We can do so when we release Guile Emacs 1.0, but it is easier to
distribute a small tarball for now.  (I don't want to release over
10MB packages once a month.)

-- Kei