Re: scheme-find-definition

Keisuke Nishida <kxn30@po.cwru.edu> writes:

> Great!  I'll be working on some more low level stuff for a while,
> so feel free to commit it.

Actually, I'm not satisfied with this implementation and won't
commit it.  It requires the reader to save source positions,
which might be expensive.  It doesn't work well with macros which
define procedures.  It can't find non-procedure variables.  It
goes out of sync if the source file is changed.  And it can't
find anything evaluated with M-C-x.

I think it would be better to make `define' save the source
location in the symbol.  Or if all variables are defined in
modules, scheme-find-definition could just 1. find from which
module the variable was imported, 2. locate the module's source
in %load-path, 3. load it in a buffer and 4. find the variable's
definition with a textual search.