emacs and guile...

Looks like this list is mostly dead, but in case there's any interest, I've been banging on the Emacs CVS code recently and have a version which starts up, runs dired, edits a file, etc., in a terminal window on my Mac laptop. Okay, that's not very interesting; what is more interesting is that it's using Guile's allocator and GC, and smob representations for most of the non-trivial Lisp object types. (Conversions shouldn't be hard, but closer integration of the types will take some work.)

There are still plenty of bugs (for starters, it doesn't bootstrap yet, hasn't been tested on a window system, and uses an unreadable color scheme in a color xterm window), so I'm not looking for new bug reports without patches right now, but if anyone else is interested in banging on it and helping me fix problems, I can make a copy available.

Ken