Re: Guile-gtk pre-0.17 Second Shot...

Ariel Rios <jarios@usa.net> writes:

> I have uploaded a new pre017 version.

I think you should use a newer version of libtool.  I don't know
what's current but libtool-1.2b is quite out-dated.  I have
libtool-1.3, which also has the added advantage of being an official
release.

I tried compiling your pre-release against a fresh CVS checkout of
Gtk+.  There was some problem with some header file that Gtk+ forgot
to install but then it worked almost fine.

The only thing is that gdk_window_get_id is no longer successful in
breaking the GdkWindow abstraction barrier.  You either might not want
to care about that or add some test to configure.in to check whether
we need to use "->xwindow" or "->drawable.xwindow".

Running test-gtk.scm shows some inconsistencies tht are quickly
discovered when clicking thru the buttons.