Re: guile-gtk without dlopen (HP-UX)

Stephen Tell <tell@cs.unc.edu> writes:

> Things are fine on linux, but I'm having a great deal of trouble with
> libraries and linking on HP-UX 10.20.  HP-UX is a unix with wierd dynamic
> linking; using a function called shl_load() instead of dlopen(), so of
> course libguiledlopenhelper is going to lose.

Yes, dynamic linking is weird with guile-gtk in general, and I'm sorry
you have to suffer.

However, in recent releases of Guile, dynamic-link uses RTLD_GLOBAL by
default and thus libguiledlopenhelper is not needed at all (on dlopen
platforms).  You might have to check the HPUX support of Guile if it
behaves correctly, tho.  You could try to hack gtk/dynlink.scm so that
it doesn't use the %sgtk-* functions at all.  If this doesn't work, we
can then see how you can get by without dynamic linking.

For the real fix, I think we need to have configure find out whether
libguiledlopenhelper is needed or not because people might still be
using old versions of Guile.

> guile-1.3.4

This is recent enough.

- Marius