Re: about scheme names

Владимир Цишевский wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Many gtk+ functions have 'void' return type, so they are called for
> side effects only. Usually the names of such procedures in Scheme are
> suffixed with exclamation sign (!).
The practice is that 'operations that change the value of variables
(or that change data strucs) are given names that end with an
exclamation mark'
I don't think that Gtk funcs that return void fall into this category.

> Also the common practice is to name the arguments and procedures,
> which are of boolean type, with names ending with question mark (?).
>
> IMHO, it would be useful to make corresponding updates in the
> guile-gtk procudere, wich convert C names to Scheme names.

I don't think adding ! and ? is not a good idea. IMHO, we shall follow
Gtk naming conventions as close as possible.

Ariel