Re: Gtk tutorial examples

Alex Stark <jas@eng.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> I have finished attempting to convert the examples which come with the
> Gtk+ tutorial into guile-gtk.

Great!

> Although there are many missing features, I think that they are
> useful.  A number of the examples would work with a few extensions
> here and there, as listed in the file `PROGRESS'.

I think it would be a good thing for us to use this PROGRESS file as
kind of guidance what to do next.  SO if anyone wants to contribute...

> I had major problems with selections and pixmaps,

I don't know about selections but pixmaps should be doable without
much dirty work.  We can just use GdkWindow wherever Gdk uses
GdkPixmap or GdkBitmap.

> and the almost total lack of documentation was a big pain. [:-)]

What did you miss specifically?  I'm curious with what people have
problems.

Anyway, I'm very impressed by the work you have been doing.

- Marius