gtk-standalone-main

Hello,

Could someone be kind enough to help me with the following beginner
request:

I'd like to launch guile (or guile-gtk) 'manually', in order to
have a listener that remains active while I am working and:

	1. launching a little gtk app in a way that I can still
	   type things in the listener from where I launched it
	   so I can 'get 'set widgets and learn ...
	   (is there another way then: gtk-standalone-main ?)

	2. avoiding that hitting the 'destroy provoques the guile
	   listener exit as well: I tried the following:

	   (gtk-signal-connect window "destroy" gtk-false)

	   but as the little app is launched with gtk-standalone-main,
	   it appears not to be sufficient

Thanks a lot
david