Re: how to avoid gtk-standalone-main in guile, when developping

Neil Jerram wrote:

>     David> Hi, Can someone tell me how another way then
>     David> gtk-standalone-main to launch a gui in guile? this kills
>     David> the development environment when quitting the app ... (a
>     David> terrible thing, when you have 15 modules including postres
>     David> connection ... and just the latest that you work on ...)
>
> I don't quite understand.  Is the problem (1) that you want your Guile
> REPL to stay alive after the Gtk application has quit and vanished, or
> (2) that you want to be able to do REPL stuff simultaneously while the
> Gtk app is alive, or (3) something completely different?

I'd like to have (1) and (2):

	- launching guile
	- using the main module (the one that uses many many others)
  -->
 |	- 'launching manually' my app
 |	- killing the app-main-window to further develop/debug ...
 |	- 'manually' loading the gui-app-file for modified code
 <---

	- being abble to use the guile listener rpl at any time to
	  'manually check widget contents or what ever ...

Hope someone can tell me how to di this. We used to have a guile-gtk binary
that allowed us to do so: we just would comment the call to

	;; (gtk-standalone-main window)

while developping.

thanks
david