Re: (gnome gtk) et al

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 09:45, Andy Wingo wrote:
> Hi Ariel,
>
> I'm real interested in getting the guile-gtk bindings in a proper
> working order. I'm interested on a number of levels, but mainly because
> I'd like to make some nice GStreamer scheme bindings. I've been hacking
> on the cvs guile-gobject, fixed a bug in guile 1.6.3 along the way, and
> have generally been having a good time. I wanted to give you a heads-up
> on this; when I get my defs->gwrap code working properly I'll send you a
> large patch.

Ok. I'd been receiving some comments and want to put things back in
order. I am very happy that interest in guile-gobject has aroused so if
we work together  we can have the bindigs working correctly very soon.

We have several code base. We have several modules:

guile-gtk: Currently on savanah forGtk1.4
gnome-guile: Also on savanah for Gnome 1.4 (??)
guile-gobect: Still under gnome CVS and ioncludes the work for GTk 1.4

The first branch is being worked by Marius. I think no one is working
ong the gnome-guile.

All the interesing work is donde under guile-gobect

I worked in a defs->gwrap translator but did not finish it. I don't
rememember if i commited that one but maybe you are using it as the
basis for yours. IIRC, the only thing that guile-gobject was lacking was
that translator.

> One thing: do you mind us moving to the latest g-wrap code rather than
> keeping a forked copy in our cvs? that would make more sense. It would
> also be nice for the directory structure of the repository to mirror the
> layout of the installed modules, so that we can develop by changing
> GUILE_LOAD_PATH instead of making install all of the time. I've got a
> number of other things on my mind, but I really want to get this code
> working nicely so I can start doing real work again.
That would absolutely make sense. I really would prefer to use latest
g-wrap to keep on with latest changes. Although I had never used them we
should give them a try.

Let's bring back gnome fun to scheme again!

--
Ariel Rios <ariel at gnu dot org>