Re: (gnome gtk) et al

On 08 Apr 2003 21:57:45 +0200
Andreas Rottmann <a dot rottmann at gmx dot at> wrote:

> Stan Pinte <stan at altosw dot be> writes:
>
> [quote of Ariel, confusing me about wether there is 2.0 porting work
> at all]
>
> > hello,
> >
> > I would really like to start using the gnome-canvas with
> > guile-1.6.3, and guile-gtk-1.2.31
> >
> > can anyone point me to the easiest way to do it?
> >
> > shall I merge the old sources coming from the gnome-guile project in
> > the Gnome CVS? shall I rewrite a binding from scratch using g-wrap?
> >
> > thanks a lot for guidance,
> >
> I really wonder why so few people seem interested in GTK+ 2.0
> bindings. I'd love to have Goops-based bindings for 2.0 (OO is really
> nice, if not necessary ;-) when dealing with widget sets IMO), and
> could lend a hand from time to time.

As well as me, but the question is: someone in the past make a gnome-canvas binding, that is not working anymore with the current guile-1.6.3 ...

--> how can we get that working easely? (in which tree should we add that stuff)

If we make a goops binding for the gnome-canvas, it is wonderful, but I think it comes after the basic functionality, no?

thanks,

Stan.

--

|                   Sales Director                      |